Dec 8, 2020
Wish you could get some sleep during menopause? You’re not
alone. Though programs like the 28 Day Kickstart (inside our
Flipping 50 membership) have helped some women increase sleep by 2
hours a night, others of you listening I know, struggle either to
make the habit changes consistently, or to sleep.
This is for you. Sleep during menopause is possible!
I’ll go to sleep counting my blessings. Ah, Bing Crosby
in White Christmas in case you couldn’t place it!
Dr. Mona Fahoum specializes in women's health, hormones and gut
health. She’s a Naturopathic Doctor who uses a personalized
approach to help each of her patients feel their best.
In addition to her private practice in Seattle, Meridian
Medicine, Dr. Fahoum is the Director of Clinical Services Bastyr
University and is also on the medical team of Symphony Natural
Health, the makers of Femmenessence, which I personally love and
You may recognize Dr. Mona from a previous episode The Natural
Menopause Solutions You’ll Love but today we’re
diving more into the helpful habits and tips for healthy sleep
along with other daily routines to help you during and after
Questions & Discussion supporting sleep during
- Let’s review for listeners the difference between peri and post
menopause and how can each stage impact health, sleep, and
- How can a woman naturally support her hormone balance in each
of these stages?
- Let’s lay out why women start to have difficulty sleeping at
this point in life?
- What is the relationship between hormones like our
sleep-regulating hormone melatonin and sleep?
- What others also play a part in poor sleep and then on the
other side: the after-effects of poor sleep.
- Many of our listeners and my clients will go through a sleep
needs assessment and like to use their Fitbit or Aura ring to
monitor sleep, how do you suggest women gauge their quality of
- Likely one of the biggest reasons sleep still doesn’t happen
after I’ve coached clients through sleep hygiene and food and
exercise timing that matters if they’re in their peri or early post
menopause stage is hot flashes.
- How can women waking up with hot flashes and night sweats get
better quality sleep?
- What is the cause of hot flashes during sleep - since they're
such a big disruptor in trying to sleep through the night?
For those women who haven’t yet prioritized sleep or who are
shrugging and giving up focus on it, let’s talk about ways
specifically impacts the body:
- Truth or myth: value of sleeping in supporting adrenal
- How sleep impacts pillars of Health:
- How can poor sleep impact the body? Weight gain, etc
- Diet plays a big role in sleep and type and timing of food is a
major part of Flipping 50 coaching, let’s dive into
- How does the body decide to process food or do other roles
while we sleep?
- Detox promoting foods, minerals (salt/Sole),
pH Quintessence. “Another pillar is whole
foods - those support the above, hormone health, blood sugar
support (for mood, sleep and hormone balance”
- Do you recommend spreading out meals and hydration? If so, how?
Can eating too early or too late impact bedtime and
- Are there certain times of the day that the body detoxifies and
digests the best? Can that impact sleep and/or
- There seems to be a lot of confusion about bedtime snacking and
its benefits v. drawbacks. Can you speak to that and the woman who
is a good candidate for it and who is not?
- Blood sugar is a big component in hormone balance. Talk about
how one eats throughout the day affect how she sleeps and the blood
sugar cycling while they are sleeping?
- Research on Intermittent Fasting and women who fast often
experience much deeper sleep, what do you have to say about that
- Mental health and sleep
- Relaxing bath
- Sleep hygiene/routine
MacaLife and MacaPause, Herbatonin,
- You’ve got a unique product to support sleep during menopause.
What makes Herbatonin different from other melatonin options?
- You also mentioned a green’s supplement,
pH Quintessence. Can you tell us more about
It’s Giveaway time!!
1 lucky winner will receive a
Femmenessence Menopause Essentials Pack (MacaLife if in
perimenopause, MacaPause for post menopause), 1 pH Quintessence
Welcome Pack, 1 box of Herbatonin 0.3mg, and a NEW indulgent
Menopause aromatherapy bath salt blend perfect for pampering
Entering to win is easy, all you have to do to enter to win
I’d Love to hear from you!
Are you having trouble with sleep during menopause? I’d love to
hear about it and whether the Herbatonin has been helpful for
If you’re already using Macapause or Macalife and have had
results yourself, share in the comments.